Discover the Top 10 Trending Recipes of the Year
Food trends come and go, but some recipes truly capture our hearts and taste buds. As the year comes to a close, it’s time to reflect on the culinary delights that have taken the world by storm. From mouthwatering desserts to savory mains, here are the top 10 trending recipes of the year that you simply can’t miss.
1. Dalgona Coffee – This whipped coffee sensation took social media by storm during the pandemic. Made with instant coffee, sugar, and hot water, this frothy beverage became the ultimate way to treat yourself at home.
2. Banana Bread – As people turned to baking during quarantine, banana bread emerged as a go-to recipe. With its moist texture and comforting flavors, it quickly became synonymous with comfort food and a symbol of resilience during uncertain times.
3. Sour Dough Bread – Another quarantine favorite, sourdough bread became a life-changing project for many home cooks. The process of cultivating and feeding a sourdough starter quickly turned into an art form, resulting in beautifully tangy and crusty loaves of bread.
4. TikTok Tortilla Wrap Hack – TikTok brought us many food trends, and the tortilla wrap hack was a massive hit. By making a few strategic cuts in a tortilla, people were able to create versatile and visually appealing wraps with various fillings and toppings.
5. Whipped Strawberry Milk – Similar to Dalgona coffee, whipped strawberry milk gained popularity due to its aesthetic appeal and refreshing taste. Made by whisking together strawberry powder, milk, and sugar, this pink drink became a hit among both kids and adults.
6. Cloud Bread – If you missed the low-carb craze this year, then you missed out on cloud bread. Made with just three simple ingredients – eggs, cream of tartar, and cream cheese – this carb-free alternative to traditional bread was a revelation for those on a diet.
7. Focaccia Bread Art – With more time spent at home, people took their baking skills to new heights with focaccia bread art. This stunning trend involved creating intricate designs using toppings such as herbs, vegetables, and even cheese on a fluffy bed of focaccia dough.
8. Pancake Cereal – Inspired by Korean street food, pancake cereal made breakfast more exciting than ever. Instead of regular pancakes, mini bite-sized ones were cooked and served in a bowl, resembling a bowl of cereal. Topped with syrup and berries, it was a delightful start to the day.
9. Dalgona Whipped Nutella – A twist on the classic Dalgona coffee, this indulgent recipe featured the beloved hazelnut spread Nutella. The combination of whipped Nutella, hot milk, and a sprinkle of cocoa powder created a decadent and luxurious drink.
10. Baked Feta Pasta – This recipe went viral on TikTok and took the world by storm. With just a few ingredients – cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, olive oil, garlic, and pasta – the dish was brought together in one pan. The result was a creamy, flavorful, and easy weeknight dinner option that quickly became a staple.
These top 10 trending recipes of the year show that food has the power to bring us together, even during challenging times. Whether you’re a baking enthusiast or a coffee lover, be sure to give these recipes a try and experience a taste of the trends that dominated kitchens around the world.